When family businesses think of succession planning, they concentrate mostly on the selection and grooming of new leadership. At FBA we believe that effective succession and continuity planning in family business requires a more holistic approach. Our unique approach highlights how effective ownership governance, and family business policies effect and interact with succession planning and business continuity. We work closely with business family leaders, next generation successors, directors and advisors and explore best practices in creating effective ownership governance and family business policies to support business continuation.
Topics covered include:
- The rules and responsibilities of owners in supporting business continuity
- Why ownership continuity is a critical consideration in overall business strategy
- The critical ways that effective governance can support both continuity planning and the transition process.
- Key practices that streamline decision making and reduce conflict throughout the transition process
- Common sources of resistance of these structures and how to work through them as a team.